Free and Reduced Priced Meals
The San Mateo Union High School District Student Nutrition Department, participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch Program. This is a program that serves nutritionally balanced meals every school day.
For a set price a student is able to buy a complete breakfast or lunch meal. This includes one entrée item plus at least one other item including milk, fruits, and vegetables during all of the service times. Those students who are eligible can qualify for either a reduced or free meal during both the breakfast and lunch times. Participating students are not identified or treated differently.
To apply for a free or reduced meal either:
- Click this link to apply online: National School Breakfast & Lunch Program online application (English and Spanish)
- Downloading the application: 2013-2014 Free Lunch Application and Instruction in English,2013-2014 Free Lunch Application and Instruction in Chinese, 2013-2014 Application in Spanish
- Go to your schools Health Aide office for information on how to apply
- Go to the district office building (640 N Delaware St) for information on how to apply. (CEC 49510-49520)
- Call the Student Nutrition Department @ 650-558-2278 for information on how to apply
(Student Parent/Guardian Handbook 2008-09)