Textbook Approval Process
(August 14, 2008)
- The textbook adoption cycle usually runs every 6 to 7 years per subject area
- Individual course adoptions may occur off-cycle when a new course is introduced.
- The process begins with the individual subject area curriculum council forming a teacher committee with a representative from each school to search for available texts.
- The teacher committee evaluates the individual texts and selects those to be recommended for adoption.
- The text recommendations are presented to the subject area council for review and, if approved, forwarded to the Curriculum and Instruction Council.
- Following Curriculum and Instruction Council review and approval, the Management Policy Group conducts a final review before the texts are presented to the Board of Trustees for adoption.