About the Board Board Meetings Policies & Protocols Archives
Office of the Superintendent About the District Mission Statement Our Schools Departments Map & Directions Business Services Human Resources & Administrative Services Student Services Special Education Instructional Services Student Nutrition Services
General Information Registration Packet Material 2016-2017 504 Accountability Plans Athletics Black Parents Association College and Career Planning Common Core English Learner Development Gate Parents Graduation Requirements News, Events and Resources for Parents & Students Restorative Justice Program Safety & Well-Being Resource Guide Special Education Student Assessment and Testing Student Health Student Nutrition Services Student Voice and Newspapers Summer School Title IX: Legal Protection Against Harassment
Assessment Field Trips Staff Conferences Curriculum Services Professional Development Technology Support Teacher Resources Coaches Forms
Community Community Events of Interest D-Tech Exploration of Employee Housing New District Office Coming in 18/19 Rental of Facilities Stadium Hours Stadium Lights

Interpreter Service

The A/W Office provides on-site interpreting services for Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin) speakers.  Limited English Proficient (“LEP”) parent/guardians speaking languages other than Spanish and Mandarin Chinese will be provided language assistance services by the Attendance and Welfare Office.  Please contact:  KindyLee Mackamul, Director of Attendance and Welfare, if you need assistance regarding enrollment and school assignment matters.

Interpreter service is available upon request.

Inter District Transfers and Foreign Exchange Program Applications

Inter District Transfer Requests and Foreign Exchange Program Applications for 2016-17 school year will be accepted but the Student Services Office will not begin to process these requests until May 2016. Students applying for an Inter District Transfer Request or Foreign Exchange Program if the request is approved will be placed at a school at the discretion of the District.



The District is accepting enrollments for the 2015-2016 school year, at the Office of Student Services located at 640 North Delaware Street, San Mateo.


Please click HERE for important dates timeline and frequently asked questions about Priority 1 Enrollment.


When may families begin enrolling for the 2016-2017 school year?

SMUHSD will be accepting enrollments for the 2016-2017 school year on January 6, 2016, at the Office of Student Services located at 640 North Delaware Street, San Mateo.

What is the Priority 1 Enrollment window?

Priority 1 Enrollment Window opens 8:30 AM on January 6, 2016 and closes 11:59 PM February 19, 2016. Students who have completed the residency verification and on-line enrollment form during the Priority 1 Enrollment Window will be eligible to:

  • Receive priority assignment to their school of residence
  • Apply for a Sibling Transfer to another school within the District
  • Apply for an Intra-District Transfer to a non-resident school within the District 

Priority Enrollment Hours:

Regular Office Hours: 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Thursday (Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 PM), Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon)

Extended Hours: 8:30 AM to 7:00 PM on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays from January 6th through February 19th.

Saturday Hours: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM January 9th, 23rd, 30th and February 6th.


Make an appointment

Call the District Office at 650-558-2299 to schedule an appointment.  Scheduling an appointment will begin on November 10, 2015.

*Appointments are not required; however, they are strongly recommended.  Walk-in appointments will be served after families with appointments.

Gather Your Information

All families will need to provide documentation. For a list of documents needed for enrollment click on "Proof of Document ". 

Bring the proof of residency and additional registration documents to the enrollment appointment.  After providing proof of residency, families will be given a personalized ‘snapcode’ that will allow access to the District’s on-line enrollment system.  

Once the residency verification and enrollment process is complete student’s are eligible to participate in high school programming.

Students residing in a Shared Residence or with a Caregiver must submit notarized copies of the Shared Residency and/or Caregiver Affidavits, in addition to the above documents.  These forms are also available at the Attendance and Welfare Office or on-line at www.smuhsd.org.  Both documents must be notarized. 

Visit us at Office of Student Services

  • Come in at the time of your scheduled appointment or simply Walk-in during Priority Enrollment (January 6th - February 19th) with all required documents.
  • Bring the proof of residency and additional registration documents to the enrollment appointment.  After providing proof of residency, families will be given a personalized "snapcode" that will allow access to the District's on-line enrollment system.

Register Online

  • Use the personalized 'snapcode' to log-on to the on-line enrollment system.  Upon completion of the on-line enrollment form the Office of Student Services will verify submission.

How will the District retain the residency and enrollment documents?

Copies of all residency and enrollment documents will be maintained at the Office of Student Services.  The same standards of confidentiality that applies to all student records will govern the security of these documents as well.  The District has no desire to see personal information such as amount of earnings, taxes, or social security numbers.  Preferably such items should be or will be blacked-out prior to submission.

Will the District prevent students from enrolling until proof of residency is demonstrated?

Yes! All students enrolling within the District must satisfy the proof of residency verification and complete the on-line enrollment  prior to receiving their school of assignment.

How do families apply for a sibling transfer?

Sibling transfer requests will be automatically granted if the residency verification and on-line enrollment form have been completed during the Priority 1 Enrollment Window (8:00 AM January 6, 2016 through 11:59 PM February 19, 2016).  Sibling transfers may be requested while enrolling and completing the on-line enrollment form - no separate application is needed.  Failure to complete and submit the on-line enrollment form prior to 11:59 PM on February 19, 2016 will result in automatic denial of the sibling transfer request.

How do families apply for an Intra-District Transfer?

Intra-District Transfer request is now part of the on-line enrollment.  No transfer application is needed to apply for a transfer.  Failure to complete and submit the on-line enrollment form prior to 11:59 PM on February 19, 2016, will result in automatic denial of the Intra-District Transfer request.  Students living with a caregiver or in a shared residence are not eligible to participate in the Intra-District Transfer program

What happens if students enroll after the Priority 1 Enrollment window?

Incoming students enrolling after the close of the Priority 1 Enrollment window (11:59 PM on February 19, 2016) must still complete the residency verification and on-line enrollment form before receiving a school of assignment.  Students enrolling after February 19, 2016:

  • May be placed at a non-resident school at the discretion of the District if the resident school has reached its capacity
  • May not participate in the sibling transfer program.
  • May not participate in the intra-district transfer process
  • May not participate in high school programming until cleared by the Student Services Office and given a school of assignment.

What if families don’t have access to a computer or the internet?

Office of Student Services will have computers available for use during our regular business hours. Attendance technicians will be available to provide additional assistance, as required. 

What happens if families have a change of address?

Board Policy AR 5111.1 specifically states that "When the residence of a pupil has been changed for more than 30 days without notification to the Office of Student Services, this shall be considered falsification of address."  Families are required to come into the Office of Student Services to complete a change of address immediately after they have relocated.  Students will be reassigned to their new school of residency, if the change in residency results in a change in school boundaries.