AMERICAN FIDELITY ASSURANCE CO. OPEN ENROLLMENT SITE CALENDAR
Click here for Enrollment Schedule/Site Visits.
Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 125
We want our employees to have excellent health insurance options and we are pleased to be able to offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package is designed to help you stay healthy and make it easier and more convenient for you to manage your health care.
If you do not wear glasses or contacts you should take advantage of the Well Vision Exam which has a minimal $10 co-pay. A Well Vision exam is something only VSP can offer. There are over 50 VSP network providers within a 10 mile radius of San Mateo and these doctors do much more than a quick eye check. They will carefully look for eye problems and other health conditions. Please go to the www.vsp.com website to check out the benefits available to you.
LIFE INSURANCE AND LONG TERM DISABILITY
Other Voluntary Insurance Plans available to you include Life Insurance and Long Term Disability options. In addition, American Fidelity Assurance has packages with other types of coverage, which include short term disability, accident and cancer insurance.
The District's website list the dental group numbers.
Payment and claims information
If you visit an out-of-network dentist, you are responsible for paying for your treatment at the time of service. To request reimbursement:
1) Obtain a detailed receipt, including:
- Dentist's name and address (including city/country)
- Services performed
- List of teeth treated
- Currency of payment (such as U.S. dollars)
2) Submit a claim to Delta Dental to request reimbursement of covered treatments:
- Download and print a claim form at: deltadentalins.com/enrollees
- Submit your form and detailed receipt (see above)
- If records or receipts are not in English, translate as much as possible into English, or provide an English patient statement
- Include your current address and phone number so Delta Dental can reach you with any questions
NOTE: As with any dental plan, the plan reimbursement may not cover the entire treatment cost.
To visit the Delta Dental website click on: www.deltadentalins.com