To access the Summer School website click on summer school.
2013 SUMMER SCHOOL
Aragon High School
900 Alameda De las Pulgas, San Mateo, CA 94402
June 10, 2013 – July 19, 2013
Applications maybe be picked up with the School Counselor.
SUMMER SCHOOL IS DESIGNED FOR CREDIT RECOVERY , students who receive Ds and would like to improve their grade will be waitlisted. Priority will be given to any student with an F grade in a class. Next priority for D grade make-ups is based upon year. Applications for ‘Get-Aheads’ will NOT be accepted. ALL Courses are a combination of on-line learning and teacher led instruction called blended learning. Students must attend class daily Monday thru Thursday. Only PE and ELD will have mandatory seat time 5 days a week. Courses are 5 credits each and must be completed within 6 weeks or less. Additional attendance time and days will be required after school or on Fridays for students not making adequate progress. Lab time is available for students without computers at home.
PARENT AND STUDENT INFORMATION
(1) All application forms must be signed by the student, parent/guardian and Home School Counselor. Additional signatures may be required for special programs. Please ensure that all signatures are on the application prior to submission.
(2) Applications are accepted on a first-come first-served basis. Incomplete applications will not be date-stamped and will be returned for completion. Applications are date-stamped by the Summer School Office at Peninsula High School as completed forms are received from the home school. Waitlisted students will not be placed until all failing students are placed.
(3) Classes will be closed when the class size reaches the maximum enrollment. All additional students will be placed on the waitlist. D grade make-ups will automatically be placed on the waitlist. Counselors will be informed of the waitlisted students. Note: Maximum class size may be reached before the registration deadline of April 18, 2013.
(4) Notice of enrollment status/class scheduled will be sent to the student’s Home School Counselor for distribution on or before May 10, 2013.
Late Enrollment: There will be no first day sign-ups. We will have a waitlist for overenrolled classes.
(1) Do not send students to Summer School on the first day to “see” if there is room. Waitlisted students will be contacted by the Summer School Office if space is available. No students will be added after June 13th.
(2) Students must be pre-registered in order to attend Summer School.
(3) Students may apply for Late-Enrollment on a space-available-basis at the Summer School Office at AHS on Thursday, June 6th from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. In addition, students may request placement on a waitlist.
(4) Students must present a completed application form, with all applicable signatures, prior to applying for late enrollment.
Attendance Polices and Completion Rates: Due to the concentration of Summer school course content, attendance and meeting minimum course completion rates are essential.
Blended Learning Courses – Attendance is Mandatory 4 days a week.
(1) Each week - online students are required to attend a minimum of 2 teacher led classes and 2 lab sessions. 4 days a week are mandatory and additional 1 day is recommended or as needed.
(2) Must have completion rates of the following or else they will be dropped with an F:
a. end of week 1 – minimum 10% of course completion with D grade or better
b. end of week 2 – minimum 20% of course completion with D grade or better
c. No drops will occur after the 10th day of Summer School. Grade earned will be reflected on transcript and on permanent record.
(3) 3 absences are allowed, and students are dropped on the 4th. Students are required to make-up the time they missed. If you missed class time for tardies or absences, then you must make it up after-school or on Fridays.
Seat time classes(PE and ELD)
(1) Full time attendance is required.
(2) Students not in attendance on the first day of Summer Schoolmay be dropped. No shows to online orientation may be dropped.
(3) There are no excused absences during Summer School.
(4) Students participating in the Traditional Program are allowed a maximum of three (3) absences per class.
a. Three (3) tardies in any one class will be counted as one (1) absence.
b. Students exceeding the three absence limit will be dropped from the class.
Class Change Requests:
(1) Students will be assigned to class(es) in accordance with the Counselor approved application form—no class changes will be made without the expressed written approval of the student’s counselor. No class changes will be made after the start of Summer School.
(2) Request for class changes must be accompanied by a new application form signed by the student’s counselor.
(3) Request for class changes may be made at the Summer School Office on:
June 6th from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and June 7th from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
(4) There will be no class changes made after June 13th, 2013.
Dropping from Summer School:
(1) A written request to drop a class must be received from the parent/guardian.
(2) Students will be allowed three (3) absences per class. Blended learning students will be required to make-up this time after-school and / or on Fridays. Students exceeding this limit will be dropped from the class.
(3) Students dropping a class (on-line or seat time) after the first two (2) weeks will receive a Drop “F” on their transcript.
Grades and Credits:
(1) Summer School grades and credits become part of the student’s permanent record and will appear on his/her school transcript.
(2) Students enrolled in year-long courses (10) credits must complete the entire course to receive any credit. NO partial credits will be given.
(3) Report cards for summer school will be mailed home approximately one-week after the final day of classes.
(1) Rules and regulations in effect at SMUHSD schools during the school year will be enforced.
(2) The Summer School Principal or designee may immediately suspend or dismiss any student who violates school and/or classroom rules.
(3) Students can be expelled from their home school for serious expellable offences.