community events of interest
StarVista Mental Health Matters Walk 2022
To register for the walk, please visit: https://star-vista.org/mhmatters22/
Throughout the years of the pandemic and beyond, our community remains committed towards taking action and incorporating activities through a holistic lens, ensuring all aspects of our health and wellness are cared for.
At the heart of Ryder Park on Sunday, May 22, from 12-4pm, this free event will feature fun activities including:
- Dedicated mental health and wellness guest speakers
- Program Information booths presenting StarVista’s programs that provide free mental health services across San Mateo County
- Fun-filled activities for all ages, including crafts, yoga, and more
- Delicious snacks and lunch hour
- Opportunity to win prizes!
This event is free, open to all ages, wheelchair accessible, and will take place outdoors to promote COVID safety.
Ryder Park, 1801 J Hart CLinton Dr, San Mateo
12 - 1 p.m. Join us for a Hatha Yoga session in the park! Bring your own yoga mat (optional).
2 - 4 p.m.
- You Rock! Rock Painting Activity. Join us as we engage in an activity that is fun, reduces stress, is grounding, and can improve your mood. Help us make someone smile by writing a phrase/word of inspiration or paint something inspiring.
- Mural and “Post It” Activities. During the Mural activity we will be sharing why Mental Health matters through the help of this prompt; “Mental Health Matters because…”. During the “Post It” Activity we want to invite you to share what are some actions/ words that you have found helpful for your mental wellness vs. Things that people have done/ said that are hurtful and stigmatizing.
- Create your own Mental Health Toolkit. Have you given yourself time to create a mental health tool kit so that you can better understand your emotional well-being? When you know yourself better you can show up for your family and friends.