Overview of the Mental Health Program!
The San Mateo Union High School District’s School Based Mental Health and Wellness Program provides prevention and short term intervention services for all students facing social and emotional challenges that impact academic performance, attendance, and behavior at school.
In a safe and supportive environment students can meet with Wellness Counselors to discuss a variety of complex issues such as stress, trauma, suicide, depression, bullying, grief, self esteem, family life, drug and alcohol use, relationships, gender identity and LGBTQ+.
Students can learn positive, lifelong habits that contribute to their well-being and success.
The Mental Health and Wellness Program provides short-term individual, group and drop-in support in a confidential, non-judgmental space staffed with Wellness Counselors who are dedicated to improving the health, well-being and educational outcomes of all students.
If this is a medical or mental health emergency, please contact the following sources immediately:
- StarVista 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 650-579-0350
- StarVista Teen Crisis Services (Monday - Friday, 4 - 10 p.m. PST)
- Teen Chat: www.sanmateocrisis.org
- Teen Text Line: 650-747-6463
- Crisis Text Line: text "home" to 741-741
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 988
- Anonymous Alerts: www.anonymousalerts.com/sanmateouhsd
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233, www.thehotline.org/
- 911 or visit your nearest hospital emergency room if you can get there safely
- The TALK Line: 415-441-KIDS
- Care Solace is an online no-cost resource with a live 24/7 concierge meant to assist students and families in finding local mental health-related programs and counseling services (with or without insurance). Students and their families can access Care Solace services by contacting the summer Wellness team or:
- Call 888-515-0595 to speak with someone from your Concierge team
- Visit www.caresolace.com/smuhsdfamilies
- Rape Trauma Services 24-hour hotline: 650-692-7273
- CORA (Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse): 24-hour hotline: 1-800-300-1080
- Kara: Grief Support Services
- Trevor Project (LGBTQIA+ youth): 24 hour hotline: 1-866-488-7386
- Gender Spectrum (Gender non-conforming youth)
- Immigrants Rising