BHS Peer Tutoring and Academic Support Community
Burlingame High School offers students the choice of 2 FREE PEER to PEER Academic Support Programs that provide help with assignments and courses by connecting students with a community of peers as tutors. All students are encouraged to take advantage of this free service. Tutors can be found to support students in all subjects.
Peer to Peer Tutoring
Tuesdays and Fridays, 2:50-3:30pm
What is the BHS Peer Tutoring Program?
- Peer tutoring targets students that need specific help in ONE course or academic area like Math, Physics, etc.
- Peer tutoring is available for quick checkins or throughout the academic school year.
- Tutees can sign up to be matched with a tutor to get one-on-one help during office hours twice a week.
- Tutors can earn community service hours and awards for helping your peers.
Need a Tutor? Click Here to Request A Tutor
Want to Help? Click Here to Become A Tutor
- Where: Zoom Link: https://smuhsd-org.zoom.us/j/95051846981
- When:Every Tuesday and Friday from 2:50pm - 3:30pm (this may change if there is a special schedule)
- Why: Community Service Hours
- Peer Tutor Awards (Great for college applications!)
- Take a look at the Peer Tutoring Website HERE as well.
For more information, please email Mrs. Hartmann, the Peer Tutoring Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Support Community
Monday thru Thursday, 1pm to 6pm
What is the BHS Academic Support Community?
- It's a safe place for students who struggle with technology skills and access to come get support.
- Students can get help managing missing assignments and prioritizing work.
- A place for first generation college students can come discuss colleges and career choices and resources.
- Bilingual tutors in Spanish and Chinese are available to support ELD students.
- A supportive place to work on job applications, college letters and resume editing.
Click Here to Request A Tutor and join our academic support community or show up in our zoom-room linked below.
- Where:Zoom Room at: bit.ly/bhs-peer-tutoring (use your stu.smuhsd.org account)
- When: 1pm to 6pm Monday-Thursday
- Why: Cause it's awesome to work with classmates that can help!
Follow our BHS Academic Support Community on Instagram @Homework379
For more information, please email Ms. Alexa Navarro, the Academic Support Community Coordinator, at email@example.com