PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Mills Parent Teacher Organization...
- Provides a vital link between parents, Mills staff and the School District
- Provides a forum for information and discussion of issues of interest and importance to parents, students and school community
- Facilitates & coordinates financial support for scholarships, academic programs, student enrichment and special school needs
- Publishes and distributes the Viking Voice newsletter that keeps parents informed on school events, issues and activities
- Provides hospitality and volunteers for school functions and teacher/staff appreciation.
Share our commitment to our kids and join today!
Even if you cannot attend all the meetings, becoming a member is the most basic way you can help make a difference.
DONATE STOCK TO THE MILLS ANNUAL FUND
The Mills Parent Teacher Organization has arranged for the San Mateo Union High School District to accept STOCK DONATIONS. This presents a wonderful opportunity for the school and may allow you to make the most of your donation to the school.
TAX BENEFITS OF DONATING APPRECIATED STOCK
What: Currently, the IRS allows you to donate stock to Mills at it full value, and you get to take a tax deduction of the fully appreciated value of the donated stock. What does this mean? It means that the Mills can get a much greater donation amount by accepting stock donations.
How: The San Mateo Union High School District has a stock brokerage account. Your stock broker can transfer the stock directly to the District's stock broker. The District's stock broker will sell the stock and the District will send Mills a check for the amount the stock sold for. You'll get a statement letting you know how much the stock sold for.