PARENT TEACHER ORGANIZATION NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT
Mills Parent Teacher Organization...
- Provides a vital link between parents, Mills staff and the School District
- Provides a forum for information and discussion of issues of interest and importance to parents, students and school community
- Facilitates & coordinates financial support for scholarships, academic programs, student enrichment and special school needs
- Publishes and distributes the Viking Voice newsletter that keeps parents informed on school events, issues and activities
- Provides hospitality and volunteers for school functions and teacher/staff appreciation.
Share our commitment to our kids and join today!
Even if you cannot attend all the meetings, becoming a member is the most basic way you can help make a difference.
Click here for Membership Form in Chinese (coming soon)
DONATE STOCK TO THE MILLS ANNUAL FUND
The Mills Parent Teacher Organization has arranged for the San Mateo Union High School District to accept STOCK DONATIONS. This presents a wonderful opportunity for the school and may allow you to make the most of your donation to the school.
TAX BENEFITS OF DONATING APPRECIATED STOCK
What: Currently, the IRS allows you to donate stock to Mills at it full value, and you get to take a tax deduction of the fully appreciated value of the donated stock. What does this mean? It means that the Mills can get a much greater donation amount by accepting stock donations.
How: The San Mateo Union High School District has a stock brokerage account. Your stock broker can transfer the stock directly to the District's stock broker. The District's stock broker will sell the stock and the District will send Mills a check for the amount the stock sold for. You'll get a statement letting you know how much the stock sold for.