February 21, 2019
Dear Parents/Families of the Class of 2019:
Congratulations on making it through high school thus far! We want to make sure you have the necessary information related to the end-of-the-year activities, graduation, and other 12th grade celebrations.
Preparing for Graduation:
- Each graduating 12th grader will receive 6 tickets for the graduation ceremony. Parents may request up to 2 extra bids in writing to Ms. Mahoney (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 9. There are no guarantees for extra bids.
- Students will pick up their cap & gown at the Senior Dinner on May 22, 6 pm.
- Students must participate in both graduation rehearsals or they will not be allowed to participate in the graduation ceremony. If you work you must make arrangements for time off. You will not be excused from rehearsal because of work or other appointments.
- All charges for library fines, lost textbooks, outstanding athletic equipment and uniforms, IB, art or lab bills, etc., must be paid by Monday, May 20. Students with unpaid bills will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony.
- Graduation will be held on Friday, May 31st at 1:00pm on the Capuchino HS Football Field. Students must arrive no later than 11:30am in the Upper Gym for final instructions, verification of participation and line-up. Family interactions are not allowed during this time.
- Entrance to the football field will open for guests at 12:00 noon and re-open at 1pm. (Gates will close at 12:45 to allow graduates to enter).
* For the full letter or translated versions, please scroll down and access senior letters.
When is the earliest I can arrive?
Our gates will open at 12:00 noon although some may choose to line-up early, Know that our holding areas just outside the stadium are limited. No one will be allowed without an official Graduation Bid which will be distributed to the seniors at Graduation Rehearsals on May 30. Each senior will receive 6 bids for their guests.
San Bruno police will be assigned to the Stadium and Parking/Gate areas.
Can I sit where I want?
Yes, however, some spots will be reserved. There will be several sections in which to sit. The main bleacher section provides a higher view, or, if you prefer being closer to your graduate, then you may want to choose a seat on the stadium floor. A map on this page will give you a perspective.
Can I hold seats for people?
No seats can be held for people not present.
Where can I park?
Parking is extremely limited. You are encouraged to carpool or take alternative transportation if at all possible. A map of parking areas on campus has been provided on this page.
Is there wheelchair access?
Yes. Wheelchair access closest to the stadium entrance is located on Park Blvd on the north side of campus (see Parking Access Map). This is where those in wheelchairs could be dropped off. Handicap Parking is located along the bus loop near the Main Gym.
What if it rains?
Should it rain, the graduation would be moved to the Main theater and it would accommodate approximately 3 bids per student with overflow in the small theater where guests will watch on screen.
How long will the ceremony last?
Approximately 1.5- 2 hours
Will there be food?
A light reception put on by the Junior parents will be held in the Cafeteria/Upper Spirit Court where many will congregate immediately following the ceremony.
Where can we take pictures after the ceremony?
You may take photos and video during the ceremony, however, no one may stand or leave their seat to take pictures or video. Professional photographers will be taking close up photos of the graduates receiving their diplomas. Seniors will get detailed information from photographers at rehearsal.
May we bring noisemakers?
No. Excessive noise after each graduate will prevent the next name to be heard clearly. Please respect all graduates and their families by listening to all the names that are read. Thank you.
May we bring balloons?
Balloons will be held to one side of the stadium so views are not blocked. Please tag them with your graduates name and plan to pick them up following the ceremony.
What time do students check in for Grad Night?
7:30 pm in the Bus Loop