The San Mateo Union High School District (SMUHSD) serves a diverse community of approximately 9,000 high school students.
• Professional Development: Our teachers benefit from numerous opportunities throughout the year.
• Mentorships: New teachers have the support of an instructional coach for their first two years.
• Cutting-edge technology for our students and our education teams.
• The mental health and wellness of our students and employees.
• Accessibility and Equity: We are culturally responsive, striving to identify and eliminate barriers so that all students have access to a rigorous education.
• Sustainability: The District aims to be a responsible steward of resources.
District staff and members of the Equity Advisory Committee provided an update to the board about the equity work happening across the district. The team shared how the district is taking a systems-approach to realizing SMUHSD’s Equity Vision and Mission. This included an overview on how the anti-racist professional learning for all staff, leadership training for students, and equity advisory committee all support the equity goals of the district.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
San Mateo Union High School District is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SMUHSD makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our Nondiscrimination in Employment policy.
For Staff: Interview Procedures and Guidance
The District posts all open positions on EDJOIN. Applications are accepted electronically at www.edjoin.org. Register to create your profile and submit your online application today!
View a current list of job opportunities.
View the salary schedules for the 2021-2022 school year.
Our District offers excellent health benefits with District-paid premiums that include medical, dental, and vision.
We are dedicated to the wellness of not only our students, but also the entire staff.
We offer on-site fitness classes, fitness club discounts, Weight Watchers @ Work and free biometric screenings.