Schoolsite Council (SSC)
The PHS Schoolsite Council needs parent/guardian and student input and is a great way to steer how we fund our academic resources. A majority of the SSC work is properly allocating Title 1 resources for underserved populations at Peninsula High School. Parent and student input is critical.
Schoolsite Council Meetings are held the second Monday of each month from 2:15-3:15 p.m.
All meetings are currently virtual. To participate, use the Virtual Schoolsite Council Meeting Link.
2021-2022 Meeting Dates will be posted here as they are scheduled.
2021 Meeting Dates
- February 8, 2021
- March 8, 2021
- April 12, 2021
- May 10, 2021
What is the purpose of the Schoolsite Council?
- To develop, monitor, and evaluate a Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) at P.H.S.
- To improve student achievement (Education Code Section 64001).
- To review and approve staff's funding requests for professional development/training.
The SSC is comprised of school personnel, parents/guardians, and students that meet on a monthly basis.
The California Education Code requires the school site councils to:
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school.
- Seek input from school advisory committees.
- Reaffirm or revise school goals.
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures.
- Recommend the approved School Accountability Report Card (SARC)) to the governing board.
- Monitor implementation of the School Accountability Report Card (SARC).