Welcome to the HHS Library
The Hillsdale High School Library is located in Room 140 on the 31st Street side of our upper campus. The Library staff (in room 110) is here to help you become academically and socially responsible students, as well as lifelong learners.
We are always trying to support students and families in need. The library has a limited number of Chromebooks for check-out to students on a short- or long-term basis. See the SMUHSD District-Issued Mobile Device Agreement (English | Spanish | Chinese) and contact Library staff for more information.
Chromebooks that aren't functioning can also be exchanged at the library until the student Chromebook is fixed. Please fill out the Google Form first.
HHS Library Policies
- All students must sign in at the circulation desk when using the library, except for brunch.
- Passes are required from the teacher when visiting the library during class time.
- Students must get a pass from the library during tutorial.
- Students must have school IDs to check out books/Chromebooks from the library.
- Textbooks are available for in library use only.
- Fiction/Non-Fiction/Graphic Novels books are checked out for three weeks, not counting holidays. Students can renew books.
- If a book is lost or damaged students will be charged the replacement cost.
- Computer usage in the library is for educational purposes only, no games or social media is allowed.
- Students are allowed to print five pages per day at no cost. Students are not allowed to print slides or pictures.
- Students must be respectful of the library space and others.
- Read/speak softly.
- Students must not bring food or drinks in the library. Only water is allowed.