SMUHSD & AHS Dress Code
SMUHSD Dress Code Policy:
The Board of Trustees believes that appropriae student dress contributes to a productive learning environment.
Further, students' cloing should not present a health or safety hazard which would interfere with the educational process, and students should wear clothes that are suitable for the school activities in which they participate.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments and student's entire torso at all times.
- Coaches and teacher may impose more stringent dress requirements to accommodate the special needs of certain sports and/or classes.
- Images or language that create a hostile or intimidating environment based on any protected class (defined as race, ethnicity, country of origin, or religion) are not allowed.
Students cannot wear:
- Violent language or images
- Images or language depicting drugs, alcohol, tobacco, nicotine, e-cigarettes or vaping
- Hate speech, profanity, pornography (or any illegal item or activity) or the use of same
The principal, staff and parents/guardians at a school may establish a reasonable dress code that prohibits students from wearing gang related apparel when there is evidence of a gang presence, association, or affiliation that disrupts or threatens to disrupt the school's activities.
This dress code should be followed on all school days (spirit days and other special events are included).
Shoes need to be worn at all times.
Dress Code Policy Violation Protocol:
Aragon staff will determine a violation of the Dress Code and refer the student to Administration.
A record will be kept in Aeries.
1st Offense: Warning, parent notified, change of clothes.
2nd Offense: Warning, parent notified, change of clothes, Detention
3rd Offense: Saturday School for defiance, parent notified
Further Offenses may result in greater disciplinary action, such as suspension.