The District has directed custodians to 1) conduct more frequent cleanings throughout the day in public spaces and common areas, as well as 2) use EPA-approved germicide/disinfectant.
Cleaning and disinfecting:
- Place hand sanitizer dispensers in lobbies/common areas
- Prop doors open to reduce touching of handles as appropriate
- Provide disinfectant wipes in appropriate locations; post signage advising occupants to sanitize touch surfaces before and after each use
- Publicize frequency and scope of cleaning and disinfection
- Cleaning and disinfecting supplies are properly stored
- Schools have an established cleaning and disinfecting schedule
- High traffic areas are cleaned regularly
- Commonly used surfaces are frequently disinfected
- Shared equipment is disinfected or quarantined between uses
- Schools have a detailed cleaning and disinfecting plan for infected spaces
- Proper cleaning procedures will be incorporated into student and employee training
- All disinfecting will occur when students are not present
- Schools are disinfected nightly using Clorox 360 machines and #49
- Training on cleaning, disinfecting and safety protocols will be provided by Operations to ensure the safe and effective use of our facilities and equipment.
- We will follow the EPA’s Six Steps for Safe & Effective Disinfectant Use.
After Occupied Hours/Night Shift
- All areas that were occupied during the day will be thoroughly cleaned.
- Trash will be removed.
- Floors will be dust mopped and spot mopped as needed.
- All areas will be disinfected using electrostatic sprayers.
- Phones, computers, and other equipment must be disinfected after use and only shared if necessary based on equipment (i.e. printers, copy machines).