Designated Brunch/Lunch Areas/Times
All students are to eat outside (as weather permits).
Students will eat brunch and lunch outside in designated areas. Each designated area will ensure physical distancing of at least six feet between students, while also ensuring students do not face one another. Two lunch carts and the cafeteria service window will be used to provide food service, in order to spread students out. Markers will be placed for lines to ensure physical distancing, while students wait to pick up their meal. One dedicated staff member will be designated to each of the following locations to supervise brunch/lunch (Campus Safety Specialists, Dean, Administrative Team). The following areas will be utilized for brunch/lunch:
- QUAD steps (Up to 30 students)
- QUAD seating areas (Up to 30 students)
- QUAD Tables (Up to 30 students)
- MPR Lawn (Up to 20 students)
Once the capacity of 110 is reached, we will add additional spaces to eat outside that will also require additional supervision. Additional spaces would include the areas surrounding the Spirit Lawn.
In the event of inclement weather - the following inside spaces would be set up for possible use:
- Main Gym
- MPR (if not used for classes)
Break and Lunch Protocols
At Break & Lunch - Students:
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth at all times when not actively eating/drinking.
- Maintain a six foot minimum physical distance at all times.
- Stretch break OUTSIDE - vacate the indoor spaces during breaks and lunches to allow for proper airflow.
- Access to alternate outdoor spaces delineated for their pod area:
- Designated picnic benches / other outdoor seating
- Designated grassy spaces
- Use of bathrooms
- Use of Sanitation Station / Handwashing - after break
- In some phases of our bell schedule, classes will be staggered to halve the number of students out at lunch the same time.
At Break & Lunch - Classified & Administrative Staff:
- Classified staff will be assigned to strategic locations in Center Court to support students in following safety protocols.
- Administrators will be out on campus to support students in following safety protocols.
- Teachers are also asked to assist with clearing the hallways at break only; all teachers will have their guaranteed 30-minute duty-free lunch.