SMUHSD Community Expectations
Collective Responsibility. We are all responsible for protecting our students, families and staff.
Masking and Social Distancing. We must remain as vigilant as ever with masking and social distancing with all persons outside of our household. Regardless of vaccination status, masking and social distancing guidelines remain in place in the school setting.
Gatherings. Please refer to the San Mateo County website for the latest guidelines on gathering outside school/work.
Travel. Please see the graphic below for guidelines on travel:
On-Campus Behavioral Expectations. We agree to be diligent in following the specific behavioral expectations while on-campus to ensure that we keep each other safe, comfortable and able to learn.
SMUHSD Community Pledge
I Pledge to...
Protect Myself by:
- Monitoring for symptoms of COVID-19
- Honestly reporting my symptoms
- Washing my hands with soap and water or using hand sanitizer when washing hands is not possible
Protect Others by:
- Wearing a face covering when on campus at all times - except when actively eating or drinking during designated times in designated spaces
- Maintaining appropriate 6-foot physical distancing at all times
- Adhering to assigned times to be on campus
- Arriving and exiting campus as outlined by campus staff
- Staying home if I feel ill or display any of the COVID-19 symptoms** in the last 48 hours
- Staying home after direct exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19
- Notifying school if I am advised to to self-isolate / quarantine or if I have tested positive for COVID-19
Protect the Community by:
- Respecting all community members
- Acting responsibly by adhering to public health guidelines in businesses and public places
- Maintaining social distancing and masking with individuals outside of my household
- fever or chills
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- muscle or body aches
- new loss of taste or smell
- sore throat
- congestion or runny nose
- nausea or vomiting