Clubs and Activities
Student Leadership and Clubs
Leadership is an opportunity for students to reach out to the student body and show their school spirit. The class is divided into different commissions and councils, which are responsible for organizing events such as dances, rallies, lunch time games, student recognition programs, and activities to help unite each class. All students are encouraged to participate in clubs and organizations. For details, please visit our website.
School Activities / PAL Discount
In an effort to broaden access for all students to programs and services, all SMUHSD students with a valid student ID may receive free admission and attend any football or basketball game on SMUHSD campuses. Also, a limited number of free tickets for Capuchino plays, dance shows, and musicals may be made available to Capuchino students..
ID cards become student body cards with the purchase of PAL (Peninsula Athletic League) Discount for $15. The PAL card can be used to save money on dance tickets and school spirit gear. Proceeds finance athletic and student government activity programs.
Students may apply for a work permit through the College and Career Center. Students must have a 2.0 GPA in order to be granted a work permit. Students should limit hours to no more than 12 to 15 per week. Work hours should be planned to allow ample study time. Research shows that students who work longer than 20 hours a week average lower grades.
Dances are an opportunity for students to socialize in a safe, supervised, and appropriate environment. Student behavior must reflect the district's mutual respect policy. To ensure a safe and memorable event, the following guidelines apply to all dances. For complete policy, refer to Dance Contract.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance. Dance Contracts must be signed and completed prior to purchasing tickets. No refunds will be given for any reason.
- Students with fines or truancies may not purchase tickets. No students on suspension or expulsion are admitted.
- All students, including guests, must bring a photo ID card and present it at check-in.
- Guest passes must be submitted no later than one week prior event. No middle school/junior high school students or guests who are 21 or over.
- Students’ bags, clothing, and pockets will be checked at the door.
- Doors close one hour after the dance begins.
- Students who leave the dance may not re-enter.
- Inappropriate or dangerous dancing is not allowed.
- Inappropriate clothing/dress is not allowed.
- Selling, possession of alcohol, controlled substance, or drug paraphernalia (e.g., vape pens), or being under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance will result in immediate removal from the dance and suspension from school along with possible legal consequences.
- Breathalyzers will be used in and out of dance at the discretion of the administration.
Failure to comply with the rules will result in removal from the dance and notification of parents/guardians, and other disciplinary action as determined by the school administration.
All students must have prior permission from the Dean or an Administrator to attend Homecoming, Winter Formal, or the Prom. Students may not attend if they have more than 5 unexcused absences within the 6-week grading period.
Field trips are optional and organized by teachers, program leaders, club advisors, or coaches. All trips leave from and return to the school. In order to be eligible for a field trip, we strongly encourage students to maintain positive attendance and behavior records. Students are responsible for their own transportation from the school to their homes after the trip. Students will return on the bus or in the car with the faculty member or approved school volunteer aide. Under NO circumstances are students allowed to drive other students to or from the field trip location. All students will remain with the group at all times. Students will observe all school rules and regulations concerning behavior, as well as expectations established by supervising faculty member. Parent/guardian approval is required for the student to participate in the trip. The student is responsible for submitting the Field Trip Permission form one week in advance of the field trip. Students should make arrangements with teachers for makeup assignments and assessments (if applicable) at the time this form is completed.
12th grade can be challenging in terms of fees and costs for extracurricular items associated with graduating high school. Capuchino is not responsible for fees associated with optional extracurricular activities The following list of some of the senior events or items and the range of costs associated with them can help you to plan accordingly. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact your counselor (or the IB office for IB-related fees) for possible support: