Appendix of School Item Orders & Family Organization
School Item Orders
- Write a separate check for each item purchased. Cash is preferred.
- Make checks payable to Capuchino High School. Write item in the subject line.
- For each item purchased, enclose a check or cash in a separate envelope and write the student's name, grade, and item purchased on the front of the envelope.
Physical Education Uniform
- All students are expected to wear a uniform to their physical education class every day.
- Students must wear a green shirt and black shorts or athletic pants such as leggings or sweatpants. The Capuchino PE uniform may be purchased from any PE teacher.
- Proper and appropriate athletic shoes are also required. Flip-flops, sandals, Uggs and Toms are not acceptable shoes for PE.
- Students are assigned a combination lock and locker for the year. Unreturned locks will result in a $5 fine. Students are responsible for locking up their belongings.
- Capuchino T-shirts and shorts may be purchased during PE class from their teacher. Uniforms are handed out during the first week of school.
- $15 shorts (size S – 3X)
- $15 t-shirt (size S – 3X)
- Write checks payable to “Capuchino HS” – subject line “PE”
Yearbook - $95
- Don’t wait for the price to go up in December!
- Purchase your 2021-2022 Yearbook early!
- How to order early:
- On Registration Day… $95 cash or check payable to “Capuchino HS” – subject line “Yearbook”
- Online https://www.smuhsd.org/Page/1076 – look for the “Order Your Yearbook” link
PAL Sticker - $15
- Support all of Capuchino's Student Activities through the purchase of a PAL sticker!
- Enjoy discounts on all dances, events, Capuchino clothing, and more by purchasing a PAL sticker.
- SMUHSD students with a valid school ID may receive free admission to attend football and basketball games. They will also have the opportunity for discounts for plays, and musicals on SMUHSD campuses.
- All students involved in sports, activities and clubs are encouraged to purchase sticker to support the programs they belong to.
- The sticker will be printed on the student body identification card on Registration Day.
- PAL Sticker costs $15
- Write checks payable to “Capuchino HS” – subject line “PAL”
Capuchino’s many family groups support students, teachers, and programs. Now that your students are teens, reaching their independence and making their own decisions, they need just as much support, if not more. They still need YOU to be a part of their lives, just in a different way. Help us strengthen our Capuchino Community by joining one or more of our family groups. Detailed information about each of these parent organizations is available on the school website, https://www.smuhsd.org/capuchinohigh, under the ‘Families’ tab, then click on ‘Parent/Guardian Organizations.’
CHSAA is a 501 (c) organization providing support to Capuchino Faculty, Staff and Students. Support is provided through CHSAA’s own fundraising, The Growth Fund & Brick Project, and through its Booster Groups – CAPeople (PTO), Drama, IB, and Music.
Now more than ever in this challenging economy, your support is needed to sustain and enhance Capuchino’s educational mission and traditions for today’s students. The Capuchino Growth Fund funds priority educational initiatives that are identified by the school’s leadership team. Join the Growth Fund team today with your tax deductible donation or gift in kind and support Cap’s traditions.
Capuchino High School’s Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). All parents/guardians are members of the PTO. We invite you to get involved in the school by participating in one or our meetings, parent ed events, school clean up, teacher appreciation events, or our Paint Party. Support the Capuchino students and teachers through your participation. For more information, contact email@example.com
The Capuchino Drama Boosters mission is to support the Theatre Arts Program by promoting and advocating the study and performance of theatre at Capuchino High School. We work closely with the Drama instructor and directors to provide support and funding for theatrical productions. We also provide scholarships for graduating seniors who have been involved in Theatre Arts at Capuchino High School. The Drama Boosters funds are obtained through donations and fundraising. Giving the right support to the students and their theatrical productions requires a lot of help! We welcome all the parents/guardians of students involved in our Drama productions (cast & crew), and anyone who would like to support the Theatre Arts Program at Capuchino. For more information, and to join the Drama Boosters, please contact the Drama Boosters president at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are the Capuchino Music Boosters and our primary goals are:
- To support the efforts of the music department in bringing opportunities, resources and experiences that will improve the learning of music for all of our students.
- To enhance the everyday facilities and environments that our director and our students work in.
- To educate, involve and advocate the importance of maintaining the music program to provide a well-rounded education for all high school students.
In order to see that these goals are met, we really need everyone’s help! We welcome parents/guardians of students in our music classes, music program, and anyone who wants to help!
The Capuchino Music Boosters provides funding through donations and fundraising to support the music program at Capuchino. For more information, contact email@example.com.
The Capuchino Sports Boosters is a volunteer parent organization that supports all Capuchino Student athletes. Proceeds from Sports Boosters fundraising efforts supports team equipment, additional uniforms and spirit wear beyond what the district provides, acute injury and recovery training equipment, team tournaments and meets, scholarships, equipment for concessions, the annual year end awards dinner, plaques, trophies and other material that brands Capuchino Sporting events and venues.
Sports Boosters seeks the participation of all families to support the Athletic Program at Capuchino. There are several ways families can support our athletes, including giving a donation to a specific sport, volunteering at sporting events, working a shift at the snack bar, and volunteering at our two fundraisers: Crab Feed and/or the Fireworks Booth.
The Capuchino Sports Boosters would like to extend an open invitation to all parents/guardians and members of the community to attend our monthly meetings. They are usually held on the first Tuesday of the month, in the campus library at 7 p.m. Please check our website for current dates: https://www.smuhsd.org/capuchinohigh. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This group meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month for bilingual support for parents/guardians and students to provide guidance during the high school years and is affiliated with CAPeople. Contact: email@example.com
The Black Parents Association of the San Mateo Union High School District is a district-wide volunteer association made up of a diverse group of parents, guardians, teachers, and friends of all ethnicities who support equitable and inclusive learning environments for our students. We are dedicated to cooperatively promoting quality education for students of African, African American, or multiracial descent while offering the best level of support and information to both students and parents. Through collaboration, participation and support, we help to enrich our students’ high school journey preparing them to reach their fullest potential.To learn more, please visit: www.bpa-smuhsd.org, www.facebook.com/smubpa, or https://www.smuhsd.org/bpa.
We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Together , let’s make this school year one of the most productive terms in our student’s academic career. “Team Work makes the Dream Work”