If You Test Positive for Covid
The CDPH isolation guidance applies to students and school staff:
Isolation Guidance for Those Testing Positive
- Stay home for at least 5 days. Positive test date or symptom onset is "day 0"
- Isolation can end after day 5 IF symptoms are not present or are resolving AND a diagnostic specimen (rapid test preferred) collected on day 5 or later, tests negative.
- Although PCR tests are acceptable, they are much less practical and useful in attempting to return to school after 5 days
- If unable to test or choosing not to test, and symptoms are not present or are resolving, isolation can end after day 10.
- If fever is present, isolation should be continued until fever resolves.
- If symptoms, other than fever, are not resolving, continue to isolate until symptoms are resolving or until after day 10.
- Wear a well-fitting, high-quality mask around others for a total of 10 days.
Free COVID Testing Resources:
- County of San Mateo Website
- Virus Geeks
- San Mateo County Health Department website information about COVID-19
If taking an over the counter rapid test or PCR, students and staff should upload their test results to Primary Health. You need to register in Primary Health for the 22-23 (including summer 2022) school year prior to uploading.
Families can contact Primary Health’s call center at (650) 275-5419 to ask for assistance logging test results. Call center hours are 7 AM - 7 PM PST, 7 days a week.
Please do not return to your school prior to submitting your negative result or receiving negative test results at onsite testing.