School Bus Information
School bus service is available to and from Aragon, Hillsdale and San Mateo High Schools from the Foster City area only. School bus service is also available to and from Peninsula High School from San Mateo, Foster City, Burlingame, Millbrae and San Bruno. If your student has an Individualized Education Plan through Special Education he or she may be eligible for transportation at no charge through that program. Please contact the Special Education Department at 650-558-2260 to confirm your student's Special Education transportation.
Parents who choose to have their students travel to and/or from school on a school bus must purchase a School Bus Pass.
For more information about school bus passes and bus routes, please contact Tina Hernandez at 650-558-2446 or email@example.com.
- “No refund” policy on all ZPass School Bus Pass purchases.
- For Payment by check, complete the ZPass-School Bus Pass Application Form, make check payable to SMUHSD and mail it to: San Mateo Union High School District, Attn: Bus Passes, 650 N. Delaware St. San Mateo, CA 94401
- Please note SMUHSD will assess a $20.00 fee for return check
- ZPass-School Bus Pass will be mailed to your address on the application form.
- For a Free or Reduced ZPass-School Bus Pass, please complete the form and bring with you the required documents to Transportation.
- If you are applying for free bus service due to Foster Status, a copy of the Foster-Parent Agreement is required.
- Lost or stolen ZPass-School Bus Pass will be replaced upon the payment of non-refundable $10.00 fee.
- If you have any questions regarding bus stop location or routes, please visit School Bus Routes or call the transportation office at (650) 558-2446.
- First student in household pays full price, additional students in same household pay “sibling discount” price
- Only those students who have a ZPass-School Bus Pass, will be allowed to ride the bus.
- Pupils must maintain order at all times and obey the instructions of the bus driver.
- Transfer of bus passes to another student automatically revokes all rights to its use.