School Bus Information
School bus service is available to and from Aragon, Hillsdale and San Mateo High Schools from the Foster City area only. School bus service is also available to and from Peninsula High School from San Mateo, Foster City, Burlingame, Millbrae and San Bruno. If your student has an Individualized Education Plan through Special Education he or she may be eligible for transportation at no charge through that program. Please contact the Special Education Department at 650-558-2260 to confirm your student's Special Education transportation.
Parents who choose to have their students travel to and/or from school on a school bus must purchase a School Bus Pass.
For more information about school bus passes, please contact Kimberly Fung at 650-558-2444 or email@example.com.
For more information about bus routes, please contact Tina Hernandez at 650-558-2446 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- No refunds on bus passes will be issued unless the family moves out of the district or into a non-busing zone.
- A $15.00 non-refundable fee is due for replacement of lost, stolen or damaged bus passes.
- The first student in a household pays full price. Additional students in the same household pay a “sibling discount” price.
- For payment by check:
- Complete the bus pass application.
- Make checks payable to: SMUHSD
- Mail to:San Mateo Union High School District (Attn: Bus Pass)
650 North Delaware St., San Mateo, CA 94401
- SMUHSD will assess a $25.00 fee for returned checks.
- Bus passes will be mailed to your address on the application form within 5-7 business days.
- If you qualify and would like to apply for a free/reduced bus pass, please go to www.smuhsd.org/bus.
- If you qualify and would like to apply for free bus service due to Foster Status, a copy of the Foster Parents Agreement is required.
- If you have any questions regarding bus stop location or routes, please visit School Bus Routes or call
the transportation office at 650-558-2446.
- Bus Rules:
- A bus pass is required for your student to ride the bus during the 2022-23 school year.
- Pupils must maintain order at all times and obey the instructions of the bus driver.
- Transfer of bus passes to another student automatically revokes all rights to its use.