Burlingame High School Parents' Group
Welcome to the 2021-22 school year!
Here we are. Together again. We begin the year with deep gratitude for the resilience and generosity of our community. While we reflect on the shared experience that we’ve weathered together, we recognize that every family brings a uniquely valuable perspective. We are prepared to meet you where you are with a renewed commitment to a supportive, connected community.
Adjusting to a new normal will bring its own set of challenges and opportunities. As the President of the BHS Parents Group, I pledge to engage our community with the values of inclusion, transparency, empathy and collaboration.
I encourage you to engage in your student’s life at Burlingame High School:
- Join us for Parents Group meetings and activities. You are a member by virtue of the fact that you are in this community! No sign-up forms or membership fees.
- Consider investing in our community through the Excellence Fund. We welcome and appreciate every donation, at every level.
- Lastly, stay informed through our regular newsletters. We welcome your input and feedback. We are here to help!
The Parent Group stands ready to support you, your student and your family. After all, we are in this together. And together, we are stronger.
President, BHS Parents Group
BHS Parents Group - At a Glance
Who We Are:
The BHS Parents' Group is an active, all-volunteer parent group led by an executive board and supported by committees. Every current parent, guardian and staff member of BHS is automatically a member of the BHS Parents' Group.
What We Do:
- Facilitate communication between BHS administration and the parent community via meetings, weekly emails, and monthly newsletters
- Fund programs and initiatives through the BHS Excellence Fund that enrich all BHS students’ educational experience, beyond what is possible with public funds.
- Support school community building, by:
- showing appreciation for teachers and staff
- volunteering at events, and in the computer lab and library
- coordinating graduation logistics including a grad night event
- offering an informative parent education program
What You Can Do:
- Create your Aeries Account - view student grades, attendance, and more.
- Sign-up for email at NewsAlerts OR emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Familiarize yourself with the New Family Resource Guide
- Bookmark, subscribe, print or export our BHS Calendar - Look here for sports schedules, meetings, holidays and more
- Come to our meetings on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm in the BHS library
- Volunteer your time whenever it suits your schedule at our Parent Volunteer page
- Give to the BHS Excellence Fund
- Take advantage of key shopping opportunities by clicking on any of the following options: Amazon Smile, eSCRIP, Benefit App, GiftVolo. It's FREE money for the school.