Burlingame High School Parents' Group
Hello and welcome to the the 2019-20 school year!
As President of the BHS Parents Group, I commit to fostering a spirit of trust, inclusion and gratitude in our community. I aim to drive impactful, streamlined communication to our parent community so that each family feels informed and connected to BHS.
I am inspired by our amazing executive team and committees assembled for this year. I support our passionate administrators, teachers and staff as they build an outstanding educational environment for all students.
Importantly, I invite you to take an active role in your student’s life at Burlingame High School by joining us at parent group meetings and activities, investing in our BHS community through our Excellence Fund, and staying informed through the newsletters.
Thank you for all that you do! All the best this school year,
President, BHS Parents Group
BHS Parents Group - At a Glance
Who We Are:
The BHS Parents' Group is an active, all-volunteer parent group led by an executive board and supported by committees. Every current parent, guardian and staff member of BHS is automatically a member of the BHS Parents' Group.
What We Do:
- Facilitate communication between BHS administration and the parent community via meetings, weekly emails, and monthly newsletters
- Fund programs and initiatives through the BHS Excellence Fund that enrich all BHS students’ educational experience, beyond what is possible with public funds.
- Support school community building, by:
- showing appreciation for teachers and staff
- volunteering at events, and in the computer lab and library
- coordinating graduation logistics including a grad night event
- offering an informative parent education program
What You Can Do:
- Create your Aeries Account - view student grades, attendance, and more.
- Sign-up for email at NewsAlerts OR emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Familiarize yourself with the New Family Resource Guide
- Bookmark, subscribe, print or export our BHS Calendar - Look here for sports schedules, meetings, holidays and more
- Come to our meetings on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm in the BHS library
- Volunteer your time whenever it suits your schedule at our Parent Volunteer page
- Give to the BHS Excellence Fund
- Take advantage of key shopping opportunities by clicking on any of the following options: Amazon Smile, eSCRIP, Benefit App, GiftVolo. It's FREE money for the school.