SFO Career Academy
Being the closest school geographically to the San Francisco International Airport, we have partnered with SFO to create the "SFO Career Academy"
A four week long workshop in the spring, led by SFO's employment and training specialist Linda Rosa, to learn about the ins and outs of the airport that leads into a potential internship for our Peninsula High students.
The weekly breakdown of the Career Academy is as follows:
Week 1: Introduction to “Working at SFO”: Exploring Career Pathways & Networking!
- Overview of the San Francisco International Airport Commission (airport structure, core values, understanding career dress and getting to SFO
- Students will learn about the many career pathways at SFO, how to network, and create their own networking speech.
Week 2: Identifying Areas of Interest and How to Qualify
- Overviews of Safety & Security Pathways
- Tour of specific Airport Commission sections (Ex. Comms Section, Airfield, Dispatch)
- Individual career mapping sessions with students
Week 3: Resume & Master Application
- Students will learn the basics of resume writing, and how to tailor their resume to fit the job, and create a master application
Week 4: Getting the Gig!
- Overview of the City and County of San Francisco’s new applicant tracking system
- Complete the City/internship application