What is the Annual Fund?
The Annual Fund was established to raise funds to support the educational needs of our students. The funds raised will provide for:
- Continuing to support our Computer Science classes initiated by the Annual Fund in 2014 and continuing to build our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) program
- Extra counseling support to focus on interventions and support for students
- Purchasing new equipment and materials necessary for laboratory sciences, art, and Career Technical Education classes
- Classroom instructional technology
- Teacher requests for classroom supplies and support for academic programs
- Student requests for projects or initiatives that relate to our school goals
The Mills Annual Fund is used to support YOUR student and the Mills Family as determined by the School Site Council, also known as Mills Planning Committee, a council consisting of parents, teachers, students, and administrators.
Your Donation At Work
DONATE STOCK TO THE MILLS ANNUAL FUND
PTO has arranged for the San Mateo Union High School District to accept STOCK DONATIONS. This presents a wonderful opportunity for the school and may allow you to make the most of your donation to the school.
TAX BENEFITS OF DONATING APPRECIATED STOCK
Currently, the IRS allows you to donate stock to Mills at its full value, and you get to take a tax deduction of the fully appreciated value of the donated stock. What does this mean? It means that Mills can get a much greater donation amount by accepting stock donations.
How: The District has a stock brokerage account. Your stock broker can transfer the stock directly to the District's stock broker. The District's stock broker will sell the stock and the District will send Mills a check for the amount the stock sold for. You'll get a statement letting you know how much the stock sold for.