Concurrent Enrollment enables high school students to take community college courses and earn college credits for free! Wondering whether to take a class? Check out these slides: Taking a Community College Class While in High School.
How to Register for Community College Courses
- Determine which class(es) you wish to take: College Class Schedules
- Depending on which campus is offering the class, follow the Concurrent Enrollment registration instructions:
- To take a math course, email email@example.com to request and submit a math waiver.
- Complete a College Connection Form in your mySMCCD Student Portal.
- Click on the Student Success Link, then click the My Forms tab to access the form
- Add the Course Number(s) (CRN) of the classes you wish to take, as well as your parent's email
- Add your school counselor's email. The form will be emailed to your counselor for their approval.
- If you need a copy of your transcript for Math or English placement, follow these instructions on how to download a transcript.
- After your form is approved by the community college, register for classes in Websmart on or after your registration date.
Questions? Contact your school counselor!