mission and vision
Mission...a statement of system purpose and critical means
The mission of the San Mateo Union High School District is to challenge and motivate each student to achieve full potential as a responsible member of our diverse community, in a safe learning environment that promotes intellectual growth, health, creativity, and respect for self and others.
Beliefs...fundamental convictions and basic values
We believe that:
- Each individual has equal inherent dignity and worth.
- Family is essential to the development of an individual's values.
- Learning develops the aesthetic, emotional, intellectual, practical, and social aspects of the whole person.
- Learning is a unique, personal, and lifelong experience.
- Motivation is essential for reaching one's potential.
- Higher expectations yield higher results.
- Communities have a responsibility to the individual as individuals have a responsibility to the community.
- Diversity enriches the community.