Coaches Clearance Requirements
Coaches play an important role in the lives of our student athletes. To ensure the safety and welfare of our student athletes, coaches are required to go through several training courses and obtain coaching, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, automated external defibrillator, and First Aid certification to be eligible to coach at the San Mateo Union High School District.
Requirements to be cleared to coach:
- Fingerprint clearance
- Activity Supervisor Clearance Certificate (ASCC)
- Payroll Packet
- Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Tuberculosis Test
- First Aid Certification (online courses are not accepted)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation/automated external defibrillator Certification (online courses are not accepted)
- California Interscholastic Federation Coach Training and Certification
- Concussion in Sports Training
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) Training
- Target Solutions
- Water Safety (for water sports)
- Heat Illness Prevention
If you are interested in coaching at one of the schools in the San Mateo Union High School District, please look for open positions on http://www.edjoin.org
If you are a new coach, contact Anca Ghnaim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-558-2461 to begin the clearance process.
If you are a current coach and have questions about your clearance or the clearance process, contact Anca Ghnaim at email@example.com or 650-558-2461.