Local Funding Formula and Accountability Plan (LCFF and LCAP)
In 2014, the California State Legislature created the singular Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) to replace most “categorical ” funding streams for special programs and/or subgroups in California. The intent of this change was to allow school districts more flexibility in resource allocation to address locally-identified student needs.
In line with this, the state also prompted districts to write a plan (the Local Control Accountability Plan [LCAP]) that was intended to explain how expenditures were to be utilized to meet these identified student needs. Furthermore, the plan was expected to be shared and input solicited from all significant stakeholder groups across the district.
The plan was designed to address planned improvements in both overall student achievement and district subgroup achievement gaps by focusing on equity for our neediest students:
- Low Income Pupils
- English Learners
- Foster Youth (FY)
- Reclassified Fluent English-Proficient (RFEP)
The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) is a three-year plan that describes the goals, actions, services, and expenditures that are enacted across the schools in the San Mateo Union High School District to support positive student outcomes that address state and local priorities. What follows are the first three iterations of the District’s Local Control Accountability Plan.
As a consequence of an Executive Order from the Governor of California, issued on April 24, 2020, all California districts submitted a Report that outlines the major COVID-19 related impacts on students and plans to address those impacts instead of a revised 2020-23 LCAP. The SMUHSD submitted that report to its Board of Education for endorsement on June 25, 2020. In addition, districts and charter schools will work with stakeholders on an abbreviated one-year LCAP with a deadline of December 15, 2020 for submission. The deadline for approval by a county superintendent or State Superintendent Thurmond is January 14, 2021.
- 2019 SMUHSD COVID-19 Report (English)
- 2019 SMUHSD COVID-19 Report (Spanish)
- 2019 SMUHSD COVID-19 Report (Chinese)
- June 2019 Revised 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan (English)
- June 2018 Revised 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan (English)
- June 2018 Revised 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan (Spanish)
- June 2018 Revised 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan (Chinese)
- 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan
- 2016 to 2019 Local Control Accountability Plan (Click the link at the right to provide feedback!) Feedback Link
- 2016 to 2019 Local Control Accountability Plan overview
- 2015 to 2018 Local Control Accountability Plan
- San Mateo Union High School District 2015 Local Control Accountability Plan and Annual Update (English)
- Local Control Accountability Plan Data Addendum (English)
- San Mateo Union High School District Local Accountability Plan Summary (English)
- San Mateo Union High School District Resumen del Plan de Rendición de Cuentas (LCAP)