Local Funding Formula and Accountability Plan (LCFF and LCAP)
2021-2024 Local Control Accountability Plan
In 2014, the California State Legislature created the singular Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) to replace most “categorical ” funding streams for special programs and/or subgroups in California. The intent of this change was to allow school districts more flexibility in resource allocation to address locally-identified student needs.
In line with this, the state also prompted districts to write a plan (the Local Control Accountability Plan [LCAP]) that was intended to explain how expenditures were to be utilized to meet these identified student needs. Furthermore, the plan was expected to be shared and input solicited from all significant stakeholder groups across the district.
The plan was designed to address planned improvements in both overall student achievement and district subgroup achievement gaps by focusing on equity for our neediest students:
- Low Income Pupils
- English Learners
- Foster Youth (FY)
- Reclassified Fluent English-Proficient (RFEP)
The Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) is a three-year plan that describes the goals, actions, services, and expenditures that are enacted across the schools in the San Mateo Union High School District to support positive student outcomes that address state and local priorities.
2021-2024 Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan: English | Spanish (Coming soon)
Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
Senate Bill (SB) 98 removed the requirement of the Local Control and Accountability Plan for the 2020-2021 school year. In place of the LCAP, the district developed a Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan to articulate our response to the COVID pandemic. The plan was a streamlined version of the LCAP and was intended to provide an opportunity for stakeholder engagement. The plan included the following main components that the district addressed: stakeholder engagement, in-Person instructional offerings, access to devices & connectivity, student (“pupil”) participation & progress, distance learning professional development, continuity of learning, addressing learning loss, mental health & social emotional well-being, and school nutrition.
Please find below, the previous iterations of the District’s LCAP:
- 2019 SMUHSD COVID-19 Report (English)
- 2019 SMUHSD COVID-19 Report (Spanish)
- 2019 SMUHSD COVID-19 Report (Chinese)
- June 2019 Revised 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan (English)
- June 2018 Revised 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan (English)
- June 2018 Revised 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan (Spanish)
- June 2018 Revised 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan (Chinese)
- 2017 to 2020 Local Control Accountability Plan
- 2016 to 2019 Local Control Accountability Plan (Click the link at the right to provide feedback!) Feedback Link
- 2016 to 2019 Local Control Accountability Plan overview
- 2015 to 2018 Local Control Accountability Plan
- San Mateo Union High School District 2015 Local Control Accountability Plan and Annual Update (English)
- Local Control Accountability Plan Data Addendum (English)
- San Mateo Union High School District Local Accountability Plan Summary (English)
- San Mateo Union High School District Resumen del Plan de Rendición de Cuentas (LCAP)