transfer request to attend san mateo union high school district

    1. Parent/guardian must complete an Interdistrict Transfer Form from the District of Residency.  
    2. District of Residency will forward to SMUHSD for review.

    Student Services
    650 N. Delaware Street
    San Mateo, CA 94401 

    Direct: 650-558-2256
    Fax: 650-762-0210

    1. Interdistrict Transfers for 2022-2023 SY will be processed after April 4, 2022.  
    1. If accepted, parent/guardian will need to visit the Student Services Office for enrollment with the following documents:
        • Student’s Immunization Record (with TDAP)
        • Birth Certificate/passport of student
        • Parent/Guardian CA Driver’s License, CA Identification Card, or Passport and custody documents if they apply
        • Letter of Acceptance from SMUHSD
        • A copy of the transcript and most current report card.  

transfer request out of SMUHSD

  • Families wishing for their high school student to attend a high school outside of the San Mateo Union High School boundaries will need to complete and submit the Inter-District Transfer Permit Request.  Parent/guardian will also need to provide their CA Driver’s License and a lease or property tax bill with current utility bill.