Work Permits


  • Work Permit Information from the State of California

    You got a job – congratulations!

    If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, have not graduated High School, and are enrolled in one of our schools, you need a permit to work.

    To obtain a work permit :

    Download, Print, and Complete the Request for Work Permit document. You can also stop by the Main office to pick one up.  

    1. Students fill out the Minor's Information and School Section.
    2. A Parent or Guardian must read and sign their section.
    3. The Employer fills out and signs their section.

    During the Summer months bring the completed form to the Main Office.  The office is staffed 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, however it always a good idea to call before you come 650-558-2799. 

    During the school year, bring the completed form to the Career Center.  

    In most cases, you need to allow a 24 hours turn around time. 

    Thank you!








    1. Good attendance

    2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA

    3. Parent or guardian permission

    4. Current work permit

    5. Non-hazardous occupation