OBTAINING A STUDENT WORK PERMIT
Work Permit Information from the State of California
You got a job – congratulations!
If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, have not graduated High School, and are enrolled in one of our schools, you need a permit to work.
To obtain a work permit :
Download, Print, and Complete the Request for Work Permit document. You can also stop by the Main office to pick one up.
- Students fill out the Minor's Information and School Section.
- A Parent or Guardian must read and sign their section.
- The Employer fills out and signs their section.
During the Summer months bring the completed form to the Main Office. The office is staffed 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, however it always a good idea to call before you come 650-558-2799.
During the school year, bring the completed form to the Career Center.
In most cases, you need to allow a 24 hours turn around time.
1. Good attendance
2. Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA
3. Parent or guardian permission
4. Current work permit
5. Non-hazardous occupation