12th Grade Counseling Information
Course of Study
Our 12th grade students can choose to take CP English IV or AP English, CP Government or AP Government and all senior students will take Economics. All seniors, regardless of their post secondary plans are encouraged to take a math class. Students have options to choose from multiple science courses and multiple elective options on campus in addition to having the option of taking concurrent enrollment classes at community college. Seniors are required to have a minimum of five courses.
Meetings with Counselors
Individual meetings between counselor & student as needed for:
- Social/Emotional Support
- Review of graduation status and transcript
- Individual post secondary planning meeting
Twelfth grade Level Supports
Hillsdale students will receive the following supports that are unique to the senior year:
- Review of semester classes and transcript review.
- Continue work on Naviance to create “”colleges I am applying to”
- In class presentation about letters of recommendation and college essay writing
- 12th Grade Family College kNight, presented by the HHS Counseling Team, 30 Sept 2021, Link to Presentation
Senior Timeline to College