Course Selection Process
Burlingame High School recognizes that our students lead busy lives. Please consider carefully their commitments when deciding if 6 or 7 classes per year is right for your student.
The SMUHSD has a 7 period day to help students who need extra support and those 9th or 10th graders who want an elective in their school day.
Students who take 6 periods a year (60 credits) over the four years of high school (60 x 4 = 240 credits) and pass them all will have more than enough credits to graduate on time with their class. The requirement for graduation is 220 credits. A 7th class in any year is extra, for support or elective enrollment.
Please understand that the school day is from 8:30am to 3:40pm and students need to be available during this time frame for classes even if they have fewer than 7 classes.
Course Selection Presentations and Information
- 8th to 9th Grade
- 9th to 10th
- 10th to 11th
- Rising Junior Resource Guide
- Rising Junior Course Selection Presentation
- 11th to 12th
- Rising Senior Resource Guide
- Rising Senior Course Selection Presentation
COURSE SELECTION - DOCUMENTS AND RESOURCES
- Freshman Course Selection Sheet - Front
- Sophomore Course Selection Sheet - Front
- Rising Junior Course Selection Sheet - Front
- Senior Course Selection Sheet - Front
- Course Selection Worksheet Grades 10,11,12 - Back
- Time Management Worksheet
- BHS Homework Matrix
- English Curriculum
- Science Pathways
- Math Pathways