Course Selection Process
Burlingame High School recognizes that our students lead busy lives. Please consider carefully their commitments when deciding if 6 or 7 classes per year is right for your student.
The SMUHSD has a 7 period day to help students who need extra support and those 9th or 10th graders who want an elective in their school day.
Students who take 6 periods a year (60 credits) over the four years of high school (60 x 4 = 240 credits) and pass them all will have more than enough credits to graduate on time with their class. The requirement for graduation is 220 credits. A 7th class in any year is extra, for support or elective enrollment.
Please understand that the school day is from 8am to 3:12pm and students need to be available during this time frame for classes even if they have fewer than 7 classes.
Course Selection Presentations and Information
- Course Selection for Incoming 9th Graders - Slidedeck
- Course Selection Presentation for Incoming Students - Video
- Sophomore Course Selection Presentation
- Junior / Senior Course Selection Presentation
- BHS Virtual Course Preview Day