Are you looking for a flexible program that can more effectively cater to your academic learning style and personal needs? Would you benefit from a more independent, mature and flexible learning environment?
We invite you to learn more about E-College and find out how it might be a better fit for you. E-College is one of the District’s Alternative Education programs based at College of San Mateo.
E-College combines the high school experience with a myriad of online courses and in-person instruction taught by Community College Professors. It is a combination of independent study and concurrent college enrollment. College units satisfy your diploma while working on your undergraduate degree at the same time.
- Earn a high school diploma AND college credit at the same time: Students are allowed to take independent studies courses in conjunction with College of San Mateo courses to meet graduation requirements for a comprehensive high school diploma while also earning college credits.
- Free College Units: SMUHSD will pay for all college units per semester. Students may take over 12 units. Students must take at least one college course to be enrolled in e-College.
- Flexible Schedule: Students are able to choose their own schedule based on the courses, days and times they choose! There are asynchronous, Zoom and in-person college courses.
- Access to Extracurricular Activities: Students can still participate in all extra-curricular activities at their home school sites, including athletics, dances, and clubs
- Access to Counselors: Students can still receive counseling support at their home school site
- Dedicated staff person: The E-College Coordinator works collaboratively with school site counselors, an onsite wellness counselor and administrators to ensure students meet their fullest potential.
Successful candidates are:
- Self-starters who are proactive, efficient, work well independently and are ready for a college setting
- Students in need of a smaller, individualized educational setting
Spring 2023 Enrollment
Students who are interested in attending eCollege need to talk with their counselor. Spring 2023 enrollment is happening now until January 4, 2023.
- Edgenuity courses start January 4, 2023
- Spring classes at CSM/Skyline start January 17, 2023
For more information contact E-College Coordinator Carolyn Berzin at email@example.com or 650-922-9979 or talk to your school site counselor.