The CHS Wellness Counseling team is here to provide support services to improve students' socio-emotional well-being and academic success.
We provide individual counseling, group counseling, crisis counseling, brief intervention program (Drugs & Alcohol), student presentations, parent presentation, and alternative to suspension program/restorative practices.
You can request to speak with a Wellness Counselor while campuses are closed by phone or email. We take appointments during regular school days and hours. To learn more about us and our offerings, please watch our Back to School Night video.
Need someone to talk to?
Wellness Counselors offer a safe, supportive space at school where any Capuchino student can get free, confidential, nonjudgmental, help.
To talk with a Wellness Counselor:
- Visit during drop-in hours (see below)
- Make an appointment at bit.ly/chswellness
- If it's an emergency (someone's life or safety are at risk) don't wait for an appointment and tell an adult immediately
Lead Wellness Counselor
Mondays, Period 5: 1:01-1:51
Period 2: 8:30 - 10 a.m.
Period 6: 1:20 - 2:50 p.m.
Period 2: 8:30 - 10 a.m.
Gabriella Gelb, AMFT #115795, APCC6965
Gabby Gelb, Maternity leave until Fall 2023
Period 2: 9:27 - 10:17 a.m.
Period 1: 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Period 1: 8:30 - 10 a.m.
Jessica Azer, LMFT #134027
Therapeutic Elective Classroom (TEC) Therapist
No Drop-In Hours Available.
If this is a medical or mental health emergency, please contact the following sources immediately:
- StarVista 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 650-579-0350
- StarVista Teen Crisis Services (Monday - Thursday, 4:30 - 9:30 p.m. PST)
- Teen Chat: www.sanmateocrisis.org
- Teen Text Line: 650-747-6463
- Crisis Text Line: text "home" to 741-741
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 988
- Anonymous Alerts: www.anonymousalerts.com/sanmateouhsd
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233, www.thehotline.org/
- 911 or visit your nearest hospital emergency room if you can get there safely
- The TALK Line: 415-441-KIDS
- Care Solace is an online no-cost resource with a live 24/7 concierge meant to assist students and families in finding local mental health-related programs and counseling services (with or without insurance). Students and their families can access Care Solace services by contacting the summer Wellness team or:
- Call 888-515-0595 to speak with someone from your Concierge team
- Visit www.caresolace.com/smuhsdfamilies
- Rape Trauma Services 24-hour hotline: 650-692-7273
- CORA (Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse): 24-hour hotline: 1-800-300-1080
- Kara: Grief Support Services
- Trevor Project (LGBTQIA+ youth): 24 hour hotline: 1-866-488-7386
- Gender Spectrum (Gender non-conforming youth)
- Immigrants Rising
StarVista Teen Crisis Services
In crisis or need support in San Mateo County?
24/7 Crisis Hotline: 650-579-0350