9th Grade Planning
Freshman Year Action Checklist
- Set goals for yourself. Will you be trying for a 4 year college?
- Know Capuchino graduation and A-G college entrance requirements.
- Participate in activities (sports, clubs, hobbies) that interest you
- Meet your counselor & develop your 4 year plan
- Get to know supportive adults on campus (SSA, Intervention Counselor and other staff)
- Meet with your teachers, ask for help when you need it, attend after school tutoring
- Develop good study habits & organizational skills
- All freshmen will get a Naviance account.
- Talk to you counselor to plan the most challenging 10th grade courses you can handle
- Consider taking AS classes
- Use your summer: sign up for summer activities and programs
- Parental Involvement
- Freshmen Team
- Documents from teachers
- Office Hours