Financial Aid Workshops
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid-Priority Deadline March 2
What you will need to fill out a financial aid application.
-FSA ID (For FAFSA ONLY-student & one parent, if have SSN)
-Driver's License, if you have one
-Social Security Number, if you have one
-Alien Registration Card, if you have one
-ITIN, if you have one
-List of College, you are applying to or considering
-Most current bank statements
-Any records of untaxed income
-Prior-prior year tax information (1040s and W2s)
1. Apply for Federal & State Aid with a valid Social Security Number
1. Apply for the California Dream Act Application if a Student (AB540) without Valid Social Security Number
California Dream Act Application (CADAA).
2. Look for an email confirmation that your application has been submitted and processed and review your processed FAFSA application (Student Aid Report-SAR) or (California Aid Report-CAR for CADAA).
3. One week after completing your application, create an account at mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov
4. Follow up by making corrections or providing any required information needed on the application or by a college.
OTHER - For Private or Independent Colleges-Some may require additional forms or applications and have earlier priority deadlines.
California Student Aid Commission
United Negro College Fund
American Indian College Fund
National Center for Learning Disabilities
Free Scholarship Search
Scholarship Search-Career One Stop
Hispanic College Fund
Mexican American Legal Defense Educational Fund