PURPOSE OF ELAC
Individual schools have an established English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC), which meets on a regular basis. The parents of English Learners elect officers and at least one representative to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC). On a yearly basis, the ELAC officers receive training so that they can, in turn, inform the entire ELAC group regarding the ELD program.
The ELAC advises the principal and staff at the school at least once a year on the following required areas:
- Development/revision of the Master Plan for the English Language Development (ELD) Program/School Site Plan
- Development of needs assessment
- Review of the school's Annual Language Census (R30 Report)
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance
- The district has an established District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC), which meets on a regular basis. The DELAC is made up of at least one elected representative from each school. On a yearly basis, the DELAC officers receive training so that they can, in turn, inform the entire DELAC regarding the ELD program.
2020-21 School Year Meetings
Modern World History/ELD
Intro to Science