Minor Request for Work Permit

  • Students who are between the ages of 15 and 18 years old need to have a work permit in order to work. Please visit or set up an appointment with Mr. Hockaday.

    In order to get a work permit you need to do the following:

    1. You need to have the "Request for Work Permit" form filled out with the student's name, address, Social Security number, and phone number.

    2. The "Request for Work Permit" form needs have the employer's address, phone number, name and signature of the supervisor.

    3. If you are under 18 years old, your parents will need to sign the "Request for Work Permit" form.

    4. Complete the Electronic Request for Work Permit Form or bring the completed "Request for Work Permit" form to the main office.  Student Work Permits will then be issued. "Student Work Permits" are subject to approval by the administration and/or counselors.

    Please contact Mr. Hockaday for further information or questions at 650-558-2426 or lhockaday@smuhsd.org