school safety plans
Each school in San Mateo Union High School District completes a school safety plan, and updates it on an annual basis. The annual review and evaluation of the School Comprehensive Safety Plan is certified by members of the School Safety Planning Committee, the School Site Council President and the School Principal. It is then presented to the Board of Trustees for final review and adoption.
The review includes the following mandated components of Senate Bill 187.
- Child abuse reporting procedures
- Policies pursuant to Education Code 48915 and other school designated serious acts which would lead to suspension, expulsion or mandatory expulsion recommendations.
- Procedures to notify teachers and counselors of dangerous students
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Safe ingress and egress to and from school
- Rules and procedures on school discipline in order to create a safety and orderly environment conducive to learning
- Dress code
- Routine and emergency disaster procedures including natural disasters, human created disasters or power outages