naviance family connection
The San Mateo Union High School District offers Family Connection from Naviance, a web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Family Connection is a comprehensive website that students can use to help when making decisions about colleges and careers. Through Family Connection, the College and Career Center and School Counselors are able to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that's specific to each High School.
Family Connection allows students to:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process - Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges - Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from past graduates who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Sign up for college visits - Find out which colleges are visiting each school site and sign up to attend those sessions.
- Search for local & national scholarships - Search and apply for scholarships using a national database.
Naviance Family Connection also makes it easy to share information about upcoming workshops, events and other Web resources for college and career information. Students can also use the site to send school counselors and college admission representatives an e-mail message.
- Each student will be assigned a log in. Please ask your student to log in or contact your school’s College and Career Adviser for assistance.
- Once you log in, add or edit your email address in your profile. Look over your profile and edit or add any other pertinent information.
- A student's personal profile and statistics are confidential and are only accessible to the student and counselors.