black parents association
The Black Parents Association of the San Mateo Union High School District is a volunteer association made up of a diverse group of parents, guardians, teachers, and friends of all ethnicities who support equitable and inclusive learning environments for our students. We are dedicated to cooperatively promoting quality education for students of African, African American, or multiracial descent while offering the best level of support and information to both students and parents. Through collaboration, participation and support, we help to enrich our students’ high school journey preparing them to reach their fullest potential.
Throughout the school year we host several community events to help parents / students / community stay connected and even celebrate the academic achievements and scholastic excellence of graduating seniors with events such as the:
- BPA Unity in the Community Town Halls
- Annual Unity in the Community: Fundraising Social
- Annual Baccalaureate & Scholarship Ceremony
- Additional events added throughout the year help our students to achieve their goals
We eagerly welcome those who are willing to join us in our crusade. We look forward to your ideas and suggestions helping the Black Parents Association continue to flourish and serve as an effective resource for our students. Together, let’s make this school year one of the most productive terms in our student’s academic career. “Team Work makes the Dream Work”
2023-2024 School Year Update
The BPA is currently seeking its next Board of Directors including President, Treasurer and Secretary. We are also looking for individuals who want to join the association.
In order to serve on the board you need to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Passionate about supporting positive academic and social emotional outcomes for our students
- Able to collaborate on educational and community events that uplift, engage and encourage our students
- Available at least once a month for board meetings
Are you interested in being a part of the BPA - Fill out the survey below or view the flyer for more information.