black parents association
The Black Parents Association of the San Mateo Union High School District is a volunteer association made up of a diverse group of parents, guardians, teachers, and friends of all ethnicities who support equitable and inclusive learning environments for our students. We are dedicated to cooperatively promoting quality education for students of African, African American, or multiracial descent while offering the best level of support and information to both students and parents. Through collaboration, participation and support, we help to enrich our students’ high school journey preparing them to reach their fullest potential.
Throughout the school year we host several community events to help parents / students / community stay connected and even celebrate the academic achievements and scholastic excellence of graduating seniors with events such as the:
- BPA Unity in the Community Town Halls
- Annual Unity in the Community: Fundraising Social
- Annual Baccalaureate & Scholarship Ceremony
- Additional events added throughout the year help our students to achieve their goals
We eagerly welcome those who are willing to join us in our crusade. We look forward to your ideas and suggestions helping the Black Parents Association continue to flourish and serve as an effective resource for our students. Together, let’s make this school year one of the most productive terms in our student’s academic career. “Team Work makes the Dream Work”
For more information, calendar of events, student resources and more please contact us:
VAPE Stops Here: The dangers of vapping and how to protect our youth
- Tuesday, November 30, 7 - 8 p.m.
- Co-hosting with the Bay Area Community Heath Advisory Council
- Learn more.
Save the Dates!
My College Pathway: Charting the Road to College Success
- Monday, December 13, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Co-hosting with Silicon Valley Community Foundation
State of the Student Summit: Of the Students. By the Students. For the Students
- February 22, 4:30 - 5:30 p.m.