Aragon’s culture is built on an extensive tradition of excellence. The following are a list of some of the achievements that were accomplished in the 2016-17 school year.
- is a California Gold Ribbon School, 2015. Only 180 California High Schools, with just 2 schools in our District, were selected for this honor.
- had the highest graduation rate in the county ~ 98.4%
- received an approved midterm WASC accreditation, 2015
- had 6 National Merit winners and 9 Valedictorians
- had a ranking of 124 of the top 500 high schools the United States, April 2016 U.S. News & World Report. Aragon had the highest ranking in the district and this places Aragon in the top 1% of high schools nationwide.
- was selected as the 16th best public high school in California according to 2016 NICHE rankings
- has pride in our community has had parents donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to the Aragon Excellence Fund to support academics
- was selected as one of the “Best Communities for Music Education” in the country, for the fourth year in a row, and awarded the Support Music Merit Award from the NAMM Foundation. We are one of only 92 schools in the nation to receive this honor.
- students continue with high acceptance rates at the best 4 year colleges in the US
Most of our accomplishments are a direct result of what occurs in our classrooms. It is the quality and commitment of our staff that generates recognitions and commendations for our students. Through collaboration, preparation and dedication, our faculty prepares students with exemplary instruction and dynamic classes. Each day, students engage in a variety of instructional and creative activities. The relationships that teachers and staff build with our students are thoughtful, comprehensive, and supportive. Aragon’s teachers, staff and administrators are committed to providing a challenging curriculum with rewarding activities and classroom experiences.