WELCOME, Incoming Students for Fall 2022 - Spring 2023
We are looking forward to welcoming our future DONS, both Class of 2026 and Transfer Students!
Please make sure you have completed the enrollment process for Aragon High School. Enrollment information can be found on the District website.
Please see our Orientation and Start of School Information here!
How to ease the transition to Aragon
As mentioned on our Middle School Webinar...Watch videos to get a sense of what kind of community you are coming into!
Prep your wardrobe (we wear red and black on Fridays!)
Stay in touch! New Student Orientation in August 5, 2022 is the BEST way to get excited for your next 4 years!
Keep looking at our website for the latest information!
Please visit our Programs, Applications, and Auditions page for information about:
- Leadership Program Application
- AVID Application
- Athletics Try-outs
- Dance & Cheer Auditions
- Vocal Ensemble Auditions
- Jazz, Band, and Orchestra Auditions
Early 2022 Presentations to Families & Middle School Students
- Thurday, March 10th: VIRTUAL Orientation/Programming Presentation for Private School Families & Students and Public School Families. Recording from that webinar is here.
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022 & Thursday, March 17, 2022 (4pm - 7pm): VIRTUAL Course Selection and Programming (Virtually & By Appointment Only/ Appointment Link was emailed to currently-registered families the first week of March.)
All Incoming 9th graders will complete their Course Registration through our InformedK12 process in March. All currently enrolled families received an email with this form on March 10th, to their primary email address registered with the SMUHSD. If you have NOT received your Course Selection Form from Aragon Counseling via InformedK12, and you are registered to attend Aragon, please contact Mrs. Dounia Kardosh (558-2905 or firstname.lastname@example.org) with your Student ID number, name, and correct email address so she can confirm and send it to you.
Course Selection Forms & Course Catalog
Aside from the official course selection form, you may preview a sample 9th Grade Course Selection Form here. Please feel free to view our Course Catalog along with this! If you are a transfer student of a different grade level, please see sample course selection forms here. Mrs. Kardosh will speak with you about this as well.
We strongly encourage all families to watch the recording of our March 10th virtual webinar on the Course Selection process and Life at Aragon.
Middle School Webinars
We enjoyed presenting to the 8th graders at our feeder Middle Schools the first week of March. Please watch our above webinar recording to learn more about graduation requirements, typical course schedules in 9th grade, the course selection process, our AVID Program, and Student Activities & Leadership at Aragon.
Placement Tests Available
These tests are available to incoming 9th graders for courses with prerequisities or approval needed.
- Wednesday, March 16th: MAKE-UP Math Inventory Placement for 8th grade students looking to place into the Compressed Math "3-years-in-two-years" Course Sequence in 9th grade, IF you were not able to take the original test date on Saturday, March 5th
- Wednesday, March 23rd: World Language Placement Exams for 8th grade students; please also read the specific guidelines below.
- The deadline to sign up for a placement test is March 18th. On your Course Selection Form that is emailed to you, please feel free to select the language level you are trying/hoping to test into. We will adjust it as needed after student proficiency & literacy is evaluated on the placement exam.