Whether it's a smaller learning environment, an opportunity to catch up, or simply a new learning experience, Hillsdale offers its students several different options when it comes to their involvement in high school. With multiple ways to complete their high school education, students who are a part of the San Mateo Union High School District have choices in regards to what best fits their schedule, wellbeing, and personal preferences.
- Peninsula Alternative High School: Students looking for a smaller school environment or those looking to make up credits with the support of teachers may be interested in this option.
- Middle College: Students interested in attending a community college prior to transferring to University may be interested in our District Middle College program. Middle College students complete their high school requirements and take classes at the College of San Mateo, where this program is housed.
- e-College: Students who are behind in credits have the option to catch up on their work AND prepare to attend college by requesting this program. The District e-College program is housed at the College of San Mateo.
- Independent Studies: Students looking to complete their education independently may qualify for access to our district Independent Studies program. IS students complete work through our online programs and meet with a teacher once per week to check on their progress.
- Adult School: Adult school is geared towards older students looking to obtain a high school diploma or potentially take other classes that help them in the workplace and in life.