Welcome to Physical Education Department
The Physical Education Program offers a two-year co-educational program that provides a comprehensive, sequentially planned program designed to promote, through movement, the physical, mental, emotional, and social well-being of every individual in pursuit of lifelong health. This comprehensive program focuses on the holistic development and health of the individual. Students in the Physical Education program will engage in the following:
- Setting goals for self-improvement (fitness, nutrition, habits, being a better student and citizen).
- Participation in physical activities that will help improve their fitness level and improve their sports skills and knowledge.
- Learn the basic physiological functions of the cardiovascular system, respiratory system, muscular system, skeletal system, and digestive system.
- Learn good nutritional practices and discover that nutrition is one of the foundations upon which we build and develop a strong healthy body.
- Engage in activities that promote teamwork, cooperation, good citizenship, sportsmanship and tolerance for individual differences and abilities.
- Written tests, physical fitness tests and sports skill tests.
During the two years of required physical education students will engage in the following activity units: Orientation, Aquatics, Team Sports, Individual Sports, Fitness Activities, Weight Training, Biomechanics, Rhythmic Activities, Power Walking/Aerobic Activity, and Health/Wellness.