Goals and Student Outcomes:
Physical Education helps students develop the skills, knowledge, and competencies to live a healthy and physically active life. Students gain an understanding that physical education is integral to a healthy lifestyle and can contribute to people’s pleasure and enhance their lives. Through their participation in PE 1 and 2 courses, students will be able to gain an understanding that physical education:
○ Promotes active lifestyles.
○ Challenges thinking in a safe learning environment.
○ Builds movement competence and confidence.
○ Develops teamwork, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
○ Explores and develops decision-making and risk management.
○ Creates a safe learning environment that promotes positive physical, psychological and emotional changes.
○ Develops understandings about the social and cultural significance of movement.
○ Creates learning pathways.