• Interested in teaching at San Mateo Adult School?

    We are always looking for good teachers and substitutes.  

    All teachers need to possess a valid California Teaching credential. If you possess a K-12 teaching credential, it may be valid for teaching in Adult Schools.  If you do not possess a credential currently, you can apply for a Designated Subjects credential to teach in Adult Schools.  Preliminary credentials can be obtained with college transcripts and satisfaction of a basic skills requirements.  

    Information on obtaining the credential is at the California Teaching Credentialing website .

    Questions - please call Stefanie Wright at 650-558-2101

    Interested in working as classified staff at San Mateo Adult School ?

    Clerical staff, instructional aides and custodial positions are essential elements to making a great school. All classified staff are part of the San Mateo Union High School District.

    All openings are posted on EdJoin at Edjoin.org. 


    SMAS Teachers in Red at CCAE Conference  

    SMAS Staff at a CCAE Conference