Notes from the Health Aide
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year at Peninsula High School. My name is Viliami Dauwe, and I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all students, parents/guardians, and staff to the PHS Health Office. I would also like to express how much I'm looking forward to our continued work and collorations ensuring the health and safety of our campus and students. For some time now, the PHS Health and Attendance offices have been designated to be servde by one member, both as the Health Aide and Attendance Clerk. On that note, I would like to take this opportunity to share information regarding the PHS Health Office.
- If your child has any health concerns or needs special accommodations for health related concerns please, contact the health office (contact information below).
- Per School/District Policy, students are not permitted to carry any medication (prescription or over the counter), with out an Authorization for Medication forms on file for that school year. We must have in writing permission from both the practioner & parent/gurdians for a student to carry & self-medicate or to store medication in the Health Office each school year.
- All Medication must be in the original packaging! This includes Inhalers and EpiPens. There are no exceptions. The Health Aide is avaible from 7:30am to 3:30pm to receive medication with the exception of a thirty minutes lunch break. Please contact the Health Office if other arrangment need to be made.
- Please call the Attendance/Health Office if your student is absent, leaving early or arriving tardy for any reason. If due to illness or injury, please inform us of the symptoms(fever, sore throat, etc) as we track students' absences and illnesses for infection control purposes.
- If your student has any Flu-like symptoms, e.g., a fever over one hundred degrees, vomitting and/or diarrhea s/he must stay home froms chool for at least twenty-four hours of being symptom-free without fever-reducing medication. A doctor's note may be required for your student to return to school and for the absence to be excused per school policy.
- Please inform the Health Aide if your child will be out of school for an extended period of time due to illness, have frequent absences due to a documented chronic medical condition, has any surgical precedures or hospitalizations that may require accommodations to ensure your student's health needs and academic successes are met. Any absences from school three or more days will required a doctor's note to excuse.
- If your student had a physical exam or received any immunization over the summer, please send a copy or have your health care provider fax a copy to the school inorder for the Health Aide to update your student health files and all records.
It is helpful to us as a school community to have on going communication with families at all times. Please make sure your student's emergancy contact are updated and that we have the right information and people in case of an emergancy during school hours. The more information we have, the more we can help your student be healthy and to succeed in school. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance to advocate for your student's healthcare needs. I wish good health and a successful 2017-2018 school year for you and your student.
Viliami Dauwe, School Health Aide/Attendance Clerk Email:firstname.lastname@example.org Office Phone: 650-558-2408 Fax: 650-583-0222