- How do I log into Canvas?
- You can go to the school website at http://www.smuhsd.org/burlingamehigh and select the Online Portals icon on the right side of the screen. Then select Students and then then Canvas icon.
- You can go directly to http://smuhsd.instructure.com/ and select student. It will then prompt you to type in your school email address and password.
- Your login is:
- Username: Last two digits of the year you graduate, last name, first initial, last two digits of your student ID
- Password: Combine Last 6 Digits of Student ID and 2 Digit Birthday.
- Why isn’t my login and/or password working?
Answer: First, double check to make sure you have the correct login and password. Second, if this does not work, log out of all gmail accounts.
If all else fails, use incognito mode and try to login again.
- How do I sync my school google drive account with Canvas?
- How do I navigate Canvas?
- What is the "to do list" on Canvas?
- How do I check my grades?
- How do I e-mail my teacher and check my mail?
Note: you can also reach your teacher using your school email address at their school email address.
- How do I submit an assignment?
- How do I reply to a discussion on Canvas?
- How do I download the student App? I have an IOS phone OR I have an Android.
- How do I view teacher feedback on an assignment?
- How do I set my notifications preferences? : (Information about notification settings begin at 2:20).
- How can my parents sign up to see my grades?
- If a parent wants information about downloading and setting up the Canvas app: http://bit.ly/bhsparentapp
- If a parent has additional questions about viewing a student’s grades, adding or dropping a student, etc, there are great resources at:
- Additional parent Canvas information can be found on the district's Canvas Observer page.
For additional help, parents or students can email email@example.com and the help desk will respond within a reasonable amount of time.