Welcome to CapAVID
This website is dedicated to showcasing the AVID program at Capuchino High School. This site will be a way for AVID teachers, students, parents to interact share the successes of CapAVID. The site will be updated regularly by AVID teachers by student webmasters from each AVID class. Parents administrators are welcome to leave comments in the Feedback link. Welcome to CapAVID!! What's new??:
We just got back from our trip visiting colleges in Southern California. Check out the pictures on the Field Trips page.
What is AVID?
AVID Mission Statement
The mission of AVID is to ensure that ALL students, and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
- will succeed in rigorous curriculum
- will complete a rigorous college preparatory path
- will enter mainstream activities of the school
- will increase their enrollment in four year colleges, and
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID's systemic approach is designed to support students & educators as they increase schoolwide/districtwide learning and performance.
The Purpose of AVID
The purpose of the AVID program is to restructure the teaching methods of an entire school and to open access tyo the curricula that will ensure four-year college eligibility to almost all students.